Skip to main content

My Mukteshwar Adventure


I had visited Mukteshwar last month with my family just as a short weekend trip. After a bit of online checking, we found that many had raved about the amazing food at Mountain Trail Resort, and the great scenery, as well as how beautiful the resort itself was.


While we were there, my cousins decided to do the river- and valley-crossing adventure activities. Born and raised in the city, I’ve always been a bit nervous about adventure activities my whole life so I decided to opt out. However, thanks to peer pressure, and the fact that I didn’t want my cousins making fun of me, I reluctantly decided to give the Flying Fox a shot.


Despite my misgivings about it, I really had a great time! The trained personnel ensured me that the best safety equipment was used (and even gave me a close look at the equipment), and seeing my cousins have a great time slowly put me at ease. When it was finally my turn, I stepped up and finally took the swing (with a little push to help).


Adventure activities aside, the valley-facing rooms that we stayed in were very comfortable and gave an amazing view of the valley. The food was highly recommended by many and rightly so. Delicious food from both the Rosefinch Restaurant where we had our dinner, as well as the RosefinchCafé, where we went for breakfast and lunch. The ambience of both are amazing and quite different: candelight dinners at the restaurant, and a relaxed outdoor vibe at the café.


In addition to this, we checked out the Choco-House, where, being a family of chocoholics, we all freaked out! We were also amazed to find out that they were homemade.
I can honestly say that I had a great time here, and will recommend Mountain Trail to anyone, whether they’re adrenalin junkies, foodies, or even people looking for a peaceful getaway!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Senior Citizen on Two Wheels

I’d always ridden a motorcycle in college and in my younger working days. Riding long-distance on my bike then was more of a necessity as I didn’t have a car to make long trips in. But as my I got married and my family grew, my priorities changed and the motorcycle made way for a car. Of course, I still loved watching videos and reading blogs of various bikers, hoping someday to join their ranks. I retired a few years ago, and decided to spend some of the retirement money I had tucked away on a new motorcycle and some decent riding gear. Nothing high-end or top-of-the-shelf mind you. Just good enough to be reliable on a long trip. I started off slow, first doing short half-day trips to the outskirts of NCR. Eventually made a few riding friends and went on slightly longer trips. A few months back, a few friends and I decided to do a slightly longer trip. I was initially a little hesitant due to my lack of experience, but some cajoling and the promise of nice win

Family Reunion

Our family has always been close, and once a year we make it a point to have a reunion of sorts. And we plan for a day or two when everyone can make it: Aunts, uncles, cousins, parents, grandparents, siblings, and all the spouses and kids who have joined our family through the years! Since most of us are in North India (Delhi and Gurgaon to be precise), we usually have it in a Himalayan hill station. Normally it happens to be Nainital. This year, a few of the kids wanted to go someplace different. To us adults, it doesn’t really matter because the company was what mattered. My brother and I were given the responsibility of planning it this year, and we decided to do a Himalayan hill station itself since it was logistically feasible for most of us, and all of us loved the weather in the mountains and the views are always a delight (provided the weather is clear of course). After asking around, we got the usual answers of “Nainital”, or “Ranikhet”, but we felt thes

Breaking the Monotony - Mountain Trail

In my last job, one of my duties was to organize corporate offsite events, whether they were team-building exercises, or just office get-togethers. After asking around, Mountain Trail came highly recommended so I organized our first team outing there. Before I had formally booked our outing, I had the pleasure of speaking with the owner of the Resort - Mr. Mayank Gupta, who seemed extremely professional, and assured me that whatever I was looking for would be taken care of. Our company did not have a traditional team structure, and some teams consisted of people from different from different qualification backgrounds. The downside to this was that the people in these teams didn’t get along and this affected their end result. To be frank, this was the reason for this outing. True to Mr. Gupta’s word, we were extremely well taken care of. The service was great, their team was well-trained, and, of course, the place was beautiful. The food at Rosefinch Restaurant was amazi